Hi, I think I have just caught the train of google shok horror thread
of negative margin :)

I usually try to avoid the negative margin because never learn how to
make it displays nicely in IE, but there is this job I am doing now,
requires a negative margin - I can't think of other easy way to make
it the way client wanted it, and I try to avoid the absolute
positioning.

Here is an example page what needs to be done and you can see the CSS
in the html file

http://lotusseedsdesign.com/temp/floatedbox.html
the image below the wrap div is the screen shot from IE.

Basically I have the margin-top: -30px in the div.signup.

The example float page from W3C that Gunlaug Sortun posted, in the
example 3, second example doesn't work in IE
http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/float-margin

Is there no fix? I don't want to use CSS hack please.

Thanks!

tee