On 7/28/06, Appalaches Web <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote about
http://connaissances.org/site2:

> In the hidden part the link anchor text in the middle of the first paragraph
> is missing in IE6 but all texts after this link are in italic. Other links in
> hidden paragraph 2 and 3 are visible but in italic too. How could I fix that?
>
> The only way I know to fix the missing link is to erase the rules for
> these links in the span="liens" of my style sheet and put directly
> these rules in the link tag. But the italic still remains.
>
> In FF it is worst as you can see. The "plusĀ»" link to show the hidden
> part of the box works in a reversed way. The first part of hidden paragraph
> #1 is missing but the link missing in iE6 Is there in FF. The following
> texts are in italic too.

Hi, GJ,

I think many of the problems are coming from the fact that the popups
are not valid HTML. According to the HTML 4 space (which the XHTML 1
spec is based on), <a> and <em> tags are inline, and can only contain
other inline elements. <p> tags are block elements, which cannot
reside within inline elements. It seems likely that the browsers are
attempting to deal with this by cutting some tags short and adding
additional ones to make up for the cut tags.

You may want to run the page through the W3C validator[1] and rewrite
your page until it validates correctly.

More likely than not you will need to make your "plus" links separate
from the hidden content. This is not necessarily a bad thing. Since
you are having the user click the link to make the content appear, you
are adding behavior to the link. It may be more appropriate to use a
little more JavaScript than what you already have, and have the JS
show the additional content explicitly, rather than relying on the
presentational language of CSS to handle this behavior.

HTH,

Michael

[1] http://validator.w3.org