On Aug 1, 2006, at 12:27 PM, Ric Glass wrote:

> HI develop in a Mac environment and have been testing in the Win
> platform by way of transferring files to a non-networked PC using a
> CD.
> Does anyone know of any s/w that might render just like Win IE 5 & 6?
> What do all you Apple developers do? I am trying to avoid my Win
> machine having any contact with the internet so as to avoid the many
> problems I left behind years ago.

You can try Virtual PC if you're on a non-intel Mac. It's now free,
though you do need to buy a copy of windows: http://www.microsoft.com/
windows/virtualpc/default.mspx

On an Intel Mac, get a copy of Parallels Desktop and a copy of
Windows. I use it, and wrote a short blog post on the topic including
a video of the two OSes running side by side on my Mac Book Pro:
http://www.sawmac.com/etc/2006/07/13/the-ultimate-web-development-
machine/

--dave mcfarland

Dave McFarland
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               Dreamweaver 8: The Missing Manual
www.sawmac.com          Sawyer McFarland Media, Inc.