Hello.

I have a series of buttons that I've styled with CCS using a:hover
and I'm having a problem...

Most of the buttons are just ordinary "a href..." markup that links
to other HTML pages, but one of buttons needs to open a PDF file in a
separate window. I originally used...

        a href="blahblah" target="blank"

for my markup, but there was an issue with IE opening the file in a
new window but then immediately minimizing the window, for whatever
reason. So I decided to use an "onclick" script to open the file
instead. Now IE opens the file in a new window correctly, but
my :hover styling doesn't work anymore for that particular button.
It's almost as if IE doesn't look for a style unless there's an
"href" attribute associated with the "a" element.

Anybody have a clue what's going on? BTW, Safari on Mac applies
the :hover style as expected.

Thanks,
--
Dean Champeau