Gunlaug Sørtun wrote:
> Zoe M. Gillenwater wrote:
>
>> I have never in my whole life been able to get those IE expressions
>> to work, strangely. So I recommend just using JavaScript.
>>

> Properly written and implemented IE expressions work every time at my end.

Good for you. :-) Like I said, I've never gotten them to work on my
pages. I didn't say that they don't work, just that they don't work for
me, so I just recommend JavaScript. If you can get them to work, go
ahead and use them if you like.

>> I'm pretty sure IE expressions don't work unless JavaScript is on
>> anyway (someone correct me if I'm wrong), so you're not losing any
>> audience by using JavaScript for this.
>>

> You're perfectly right... :-)
> ...so they both need a fall-back.

Yeah, I never worry much about this, since (at least on my sites) min-
and max-width has always been a nice to have, not an essential. As long
as the site can still be used with JavaScript off, even if it doesn't
look as nice, I'm happy.

Zoe

--
Zoe M. Gillenwater