If you want the links to be inline elements, then yeah, do whitespace

> nowrap. If you need to be able to control them vertically, you might
> want to experiment with just floating each link left.
>
> > a {white-space: nowrap;}
> >
> > That will work in most cases in most browsers.

I've grabbed the essentials and put them here
http://www.eystein.no/test/forum/post.html
http://www.eystein.no/test/forum/css/template/forum.css

I've inserted   in the html and used white-space: nowrap. But had to
filter it for IE6 which then didn't wrap anything. Don't want to float it
because I want to keep it centered. Looks good in Firefox, and IE. (I'll
turn the png's into gifs later. BTW - are the Silk icons available in gif?)

BUT - IE is pushing a couple of pixels on the first background-image
(Search) to the oposite side. Any idea as to why? I've tried removing
whitespace and the <b> in the html, but to no good.

eystein