Have another programming quandary that I'm hoping I can get the list's help
on...I'm not even sure what the technique is called so I'm not coming up
with much so far by Googling for tutorials.

Basically, we need some way to code a "Show More" function that would allow
us to take a long piece of text, shorten it to X maximum lines, then have a
"Read more" link that when clicked would display the rest of the text on
the page below the first half.

Example of what I'm talking about: http://chocolateandzucchini.com/ (At the
bottom of the Aug. 7 posting there is a "continues" link)

We want to use this function for our new faculty profiles pages because
some bios are way too long. Right now we're posting the additional bio text
as PDFs, which I do not find to be a good idea.

Example bio page:
http://www3.law.northwestern.edu/faculty/profiles/RonaldAllen/

I'm fine if we will have to use a mix of CSS and JavaScript. I just need a
solution for how to display longer bios w/o having to resort to PDFs.

Thanks!
Janet