Phillip Smith wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>Hoping I might be able to get a little advice on this annoying issue
>that I struggled with (for too long!) this morning. I have a site
>with a simple horizontal tabbed navigation (http://www.copycamp.ca)
>and it look good across all (most?) major browswers _except_ for
>Firefox on Windows 2000. This is something I've not come across
>before, as I usually find that sites viewed in Firefox on OS X and
>Windows are often identical. The issue is the 2px space between the
>tabs and the #content div.
>
>Any thoughts appreciated. And, if you could CC me, that would be
>super, as I'm on digest. Also, I suspect that there are many other
>improvements that could be made -- so please feel free to make
>them.  :-)
>
>Many thanks in advance

Hi Phillip,
On my Win98SE I see also a difference between FF and IE: FF (vs. 1.0.7)
is showing the 3px gap under the tabs. Like the world is upside down: I
thought IE had the copyright for the 3px bug! ;-)
My suggestion should be to fix the html-errors first, for the
error-handling of browsers on different systems can be different.
The html-validator has some tips
<http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.copycamp.ca%2Fnode>.
After that, the css-validator can work too (1 error in
copycamp/style.css
<http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?profile=css2&warning=2&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.copycamp.ca%2Fthemes%2Fcopycamp%2Fstyle.css>).

If this doesn't work, you could try to add {margin-top:-3px;) for the
#content, like you did for IE in the conditional comment (maybe some
more padding-bottom in the tabs is needed for compensation).

Other suggestion: the font size of the #content tastes a bit too heavy,
while the font-size of the side bar on the right side is a bit too
small. I guess a better balance can be made. Example in screenshot here
<http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/css-discuss/images/screenshot-copycamp.png>.

Greetings,
francky