Hi all,
   I am trying to work out how to create navigation tabs using images for the
curved sides and backgroundsbut I am getting comfused. I have made three
examples: http://www.villa-corti.com/indexnav.html
  In the first example- navtabs div -I have an image rightside.jpg which I put
on the A link and repeat which creates the background for the link text.
I put left_side.gif as the background image for the UL for the lefthand curved
sides.
There is a problem with the tabs not being side by side. Is this a good way to
do it? How do I make the tabs side by side?
  In the second example -navtabs1 div-I have an image rightside.gif which I put
on the A link and don`t repeat which creates the right curved sides.
I put left_side.gif as the background image for the lefthand curved sides.
How do I put a background on the link?
  The third example -navtabs2 div- is the same as the second example but I put
a background-color on the a link which covers the curved side. How do I put a
background- I donĀ“t know how to put another image on the a link? What is the
solution?
  I know there are various ways to do curved backgrounds usgin css without
images but at this stage I want to try and find the best way to do this with
images and then I will check and see if they work with different browsers.
  Any comments greatly appreciated, Thanks!