Visually Insane Genetically Modified Organism wrote:

>At the following URL I am trying to figure out why their is a red padding
>underneath "Reverse Screen Colours"? How do I get rid of it?
>
>HTML: http://infoforce-services.com/ifs_header_tri.php
>
>CSS: http://infoforce-services.com/css/layout.css
>
>----
>Angus MacKinnon
>MacKinnon Crest Saying
>Latin -  Audentes Fortuna Juvat
>English - Fortune Assists The Daring
>Web page http://www.infoforce-services.com
>Choroideremia Research Foundation Inc. 2nd Vice president
>http://www.choroideremia.org

Hi Angus,
I took a screenshot, pasted it in PaintShopPro, and picked up the color.
It appears to be #191970. [1]
Then openend your stylesheets, and searched for #191970.
Result:
The stylesheet http://infoforce-services.com/css/ifsmain.css
is the only place where this color is defined:

body,
.generalresume_name,
.generalresume_address,
.generalresume_address a,
.generalresume_title {
     color: #FFFFF0;
     background: #191970; /* here he is ! */
}

Thus the body color { #191970 } is overruling the html color { #D2B48C
}, which covers the rest of the page. The same is happening with the
text color, which is not black, but the #FFFFF0 (almost white) of the
ifsmain.css.

    * Proving: as soon as you have more paragraphs in the body, the bar
      color is stretching with the used part of the body: all lines! See
      testpage
      <http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/css-discuss/test-infoforce.htm>.

Greetings,
francky

[1] With my eyes I see the red padding as a kind of dark blue padding,
but that doesn't matter for the story.