Vicki,

Not sure about your problem with Opera.

However, for IE, the problem is the padding below:

#nav li{ /* all list items */
position : relative;
float : left;
line-height : 1.25em;
margin-bottom : -1px;
width : 188px;
/*width : 11em;*/
padding: 5px 0 0 3px;
}

Change it to:

#nav li{ /* all list items */
position : relative;
float : left;
line-height : 1.25em;
width : 188px;
/*width : 11em;*/
margin: 5px 0 -1px 3px;
}

The links will then work fine. You may find you need to add a little padding
on the right to #nav though.

Tim Kadlec

Message: 4
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 08:43:42 +1000
From: Vicki Stebbins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [css-d] Navigation woes
To: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org

Hi all,

I've just begun a redesign of a site (a love job) and am having trouble
with my navigation div.

In IE the popout menu appears but you can only select the top menu item, in
other words if it shows:
    * cats
    * dogs
only cats can be selected and the menu disappears for dogs.

In Opera the width of the div grows to house the popout menu within the div
instead of popping out outside of the div.

Works fine in FF and validates well for the CSS and xhtml.

I'm trying to keep this site easy and clean and easy to update... the
previous site has ended up cluttered and difficult to maintain other the
cats and dogs.

The page is at http://www.animalrights.org.au/new/
CSS at http://www.animalrights.org.au/new/styles/arrg.css

I've used the menu before and didn't have this problem but this time I was
wanting the main nav to show as the boxes.

Hoping someone can help.

Many thanks

Vicki

"I'd put my money on the Sun and solar energy. What a source of power!
I hope we don't have to wait until oil and coal run out before we tackle
that."
-Thomas Edison