----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <css-d@lists.css-discuss.org>
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2006 4:49 AM
Subject: Re: [css-d] Font Mapping Query / Font embedding
I want!

| This FontMatch tool is the closest thing yet.  Thank you.
|
| Thanks again for your work on my behalf, I think I'll twiddle with this
| FontMatch thingy...

Chris,
Not sure this will help but under the tools menu of IE browsers there is an
Internet options.  On mine at the bottom is a Fonts button.  When clicked,
it displays a list of fonts and which fonts will be displayed if that font
is not install on that computer. The user can decide which font to
substitute.  You might be able to then determine which font is actually
being used.

Don