RKN Studio wrote:

>Actually - CSS validation states in such warning that I have no
>background-color assigned for my div#wrap, but if you scroll down to
>(or otherwise read) the css, I do...?...  WTF?!?
>
>Thanks,
>Ron
>

>Quoting RKN Studio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>problem child -> www.magnoliapr.com (/magpr.css

Hi Ron,
The css-validator has no html-sniffer or html-interpreter, so it cannot
know more as mentioned in the stylesheet... ;-)
The div#wrap is only once in the css, how should the ccs-validator know
that an other div (and: which one) is inside the div#wrap?
And for instance:

div#block {background-color: #a4957a;} is followed by:
#block p {color: #ffffff;}

Say there is also a <li> inside the #block,  then the color of the <li>
is not covered. And maybe the color af a <li> in general was just the
color of the background of the #block...
Conclusion: in general, the css is giving the styles (and some of the
cascade), but the real cascade is only in the html.
So the css-validator is right to give a warning, if a color/bg-color is
not in pair in the same element.

Apart from that, this warning is not 100% safe: bg-color black and
color: #010101 (1 degree of the 255 in the brightness scale = visible
also as black, unless you are an eagle in his better years) don't give a
warning, but are a validated "good pair". - Validator is blind for the
degree of contrast (and also for different colors with the same
intensity, which can be completely unseen by colorblind people)!

Greetings,
francky