On Sep 13, 2006, at 2:56 AM, Christopher Fisher wrote:

> Things came out pretty horrible looking on the clients machine and
> i was
> wondering if anyone had any good reference links to Safari issues and
> fixes for CSS.  Or if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix the
> sample page.
>
> Heres a link to a sample page:
> http://www.boldmouth.com/clients/iinstore/5/iinstore.html
>
> Basically from what ive gathered, the floats are breaking like they
> did
> on IE (which i managed to finally fix in IE, altho probably not as
> well
> as i could have). However this is not the only issue that Safari has
> done, there was comments about images being split up and possibly
> something to do with negative top margins.  So any reference links to
> Safari issues for CSS would be greatly appericated.

Well, you don't specify a width on #content, which is floated. For
some reason, the computed width of that div is 774 px in Safari.
Declare a width for it, and it will work well.
I suspect the fact that you use a transitional doctype may have
something to do it with it. I've noticed some glitches in Safari with
that mode. But I never really analysed those. I only use strict
doctypes.

General issue, you should check your layout at different font-sizes.
My browsers are set to use a minimum font-size of 12px, and a few
things end up elsewhere than you expected.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
<http://emps.l-c-n.com>