I would like to have a second level nested list floated in such a way that the
elements line up (in this case) in two columns. Doing this in a non-nested list
works fine, but the nest lists do not float: they line up as if float was not
coded.  The list elements have a defined width that is slightly less than half
of the width of the ul, which should give me a two column layout. But it
doesn't.

I tried using "display:inline" but then the list element width is ignored, and
you get a hodge-podge of elements.

I am assuming, of course, that there is a "legal" way to do this using lists,
although I could be wrong (it won't be the first time!)

To see what I'm working with, go to http://www.villasinjamaica.com/sample.html

Thank you in advance for your help.

Bruce Hodo - Webmaster, GetAwayNetwork, Inc.
     ==Providing unique vacation information on the World Wide Web==
       For Villas, Resorts, Hotels, Air/Hotel Packages, Charter Airfares
=============== Visit us at http://getawaynet.com ===============