> Does anyone know of good solutions that I could test and try
> to make the files compatible for both resolutions (600x400
> and 1024x640) ?

First of all, don't design for screen resolutions. It's mostly
irrelevant. What matters are browser viewport sizes, and that can be
anything and everything.

However, what you are asking is how to make a site that flexes to fit.
The common term is 'liquid layout' or 'fluid layout' with some variants
such as 'jello layout'.

If the site was designed initially for a specific width at 1024, it's
doubtful that a bit of CSS will fix it so that it properly resizes.
You'll likely have to rebuild the pages over again this time with the
liquid layout in mind. For ideas, just google 'css liquid layout' and
you should find plenty of examples.

-Darrel