Oh, I'm sorry...I was not very clear

I already design CSS-only sites using a combination XHTML, PHP,
Javascript DOM and CSS.
The question is:
Does adding Smarty to the mix add anything to the party for the
graphic designer.
Personally, I like seeing PHP methods and XHTML with div id/classe
hooks on the same page
Smarty essentially separates all xhtml into a .tpl file...excluding
the php code

Essentially, does anyone designing CSS-only sites  on this list like
working with Smarty ?

many thanks