Mike wrote:
> well,
> in fact I added a content in my div of course:

> It is still not showing anything.
>
> But I tried with a much smaller picture, and it works.
> I am guessing it has to do with the dimensions of the image then, right ?
> If yes, how do i set a proper width and a proper height for my background
> image, in my CSS file ?

You don't set dimensions of background images in CSS. You can change its
size in a graphics program, or you can change the dimensions of the div,
or... Lots of options, so please show us your page so we can give you
good advice.

Also, to start a new thread, do not reply to an existing message. When
you do this,
your message gets threaded on to the old thread, which messes up the
archives
and makes it less likely that others will see your message and subsequently
reply to you. You must send a new message with an appropriate and
descriptive
subject line to css-d@lists.css-discuss.org in order to start a new thread.

Thank you for your cooperation and participation.

Zoe

--
Zoe M. Gillenwater
Design Services Manager