On 27 Sep 2006, at 16:56, Ian Young wrote

> Peter
>
> The border-bottom for twocolLeft is not in main div and is
> therefore not
> being picked up by IE.
> If you also change the margin in links to 0 it renders as you wish,
> I think.
> Revised code:
>
> .twocolLeft { width: 180px; float: left; margin: 10px; font-size:
> 0.75em;
> border-bottom: 1px solid #757575;   }.links { margin: 0; padding:
> 0;   }

Thanks for this Ian, though this is not quite the issue (I guess I
didn't explain it that well). There are two container divs on the
test page. The outer container (.twocoLeft) will (in the final page)
contain several <div class="links">. My query is why the border-
bottom is not showing on the links div (i.e. the inner container
div). I need it on each links div on the final page and am still
perplexed as to why it is AWOL.

Cheers
Peter