[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Is it possible, in Internet Explorer 6, to make fields expand and contract
>based up focus, without changing the rest of the layout of the page? I
>know it would require JavaScript, because IE6 doesn't support :hover on
>non-anchor elements, but I've had little luck with using z-index to float
>an element up above the rest of the layout and thus having everything else
>on the page jump around.

Hi Marc,
Without a page to see, only a general anwer is possible: you mean kind
of this
<http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/css-discuss/showathover.htm>?
It is using an empty,  not clickable <a>. If desired, with css it can be
styled as normal text.
But then: how does the visitor know that there is something to hover?

Greetings,
francky