> > If you turn of javascript and CSS can you still see the menu items?
> > If
> > so, then yes, search engines shouldn't have a problem with it.
>
> I think we're on off-topic ground here, but just wanted to
> step in on this one point. A menu can indeed have its
> sub-menus hidden, even with script disabled, and still be
> fully accessible to search bots.

My wording was poor. I should have said 'If you turn off javascript and
CSS can you still navigate the web site?'.

Indeed, as Al says, in terms of human accessibility, you likely do NOT
want to display every single hidden sub-menu if possible. Thanks for the
clarification, Al.

To bring it back on-topic, Suckerfish seems to be a popular recommeded
menu system. While it's impressive in it's CSSness, I find it lacking in
terms of usability features that typically only Javascript can provide
(menu delays, better keyboard access, etc.)

-Darrel