Emily DeJoode wrote:

> The layout is screwed to hell. You can see the normal pages like:
> www.plastic-tags.com/materials.php Is there any glaringly obvious
> reason why the layouts are so screwed in the browsers?

I can't see what's so terribly wrong with the look of that page in my
browsers - Opera, Firefox and IE6.

> Will I likely need to create browser specific conditional styles?

Don't think so -- unless you want pixel-perfection (which you won't
achieve anyway).

You should start here...
<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.plastic-tags.com/materials.php>
...and take the validator-round with all your pages. That might solve
some of your problems, and make it easier to get help with what's left.

---

Tricking with doctypes and rendering modes across browser-land won't
lead to well working pages in the long run. Better to go with a complete
and Strict doctype, and make sure the source-code is up to the standard
you choose. Scripts likewise.

regards
        Georg
--