Hi David, Christian, and Gabriele,

David wrote:

>If you gotta ask, you'll never kow :-D .
>I forgot who said that.

LOL! I have been looking for a better way to
handle a problem at work. We have a number of
product specification sheets usually written
in MS Word--the problem is that many of them
have what the boss considers important items
highlighted which works fine in the various
Word versions in use (including some very old
ones on hand-me-down computers) except for a
document highlighted in violet. When printed
out this is nearly illegible what with the
dark shade of purple used in the limited color
menu for highlighting. I tried some other ways
to put a color behind text but all were poor
in some way; currently the document is in use
highlighted in pink.

I then (yesterday) started, stealing a moment
at a time, to try to work out something in
HTML and CSS (Back on topic!) but it is slow
going. I keep tripping over the defaults for
handling printing text and backgrounds; it is
possible one of the "useful?" methods will
offer me something. Putting a bottom border
on the line above and using relative position
to drop it down under the following line
has some promise but I can't just type a line
in white text on the white background as it
shows up in the printed result.

Since this is strictly for a local file and
we use IE6 at work, I only need it to work
one document at a time in IE6 only. I have
reservations about trying to get someone who
is not too web-oriented to change the default
settings to print a few copies of a document
and then set them back.

Perhaps there are some other uses!

--

Regards,