j wrote:

>Header div 150px high containing two pictures each 150px high that need to be
>aligned with the background top and bottom.  The background image is a .png
>gradient that sizes itself.  Looks fine MSIE7, Firefox.
>On older MSIE6 and older a strip of background is visible under the pictures
>and the pictures are vertically squashed.
>
>The site:
>http://www.jeankorte.netfirms.com/index.html
>
>[...]
Hi Jean,
At this moment in my IE6 under Win98SE there is no problem with a green
background strip under the header images. Also vertically they are
perfect in line.
But I notice that the width of the images is no good in IE6 at the
initial download of the page, or after a refresh. The right image is
pushed together, the lady is horizontally extended.
See screenshot
<http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/css-discuss/images/screenshot-indigo.png>.
To solve by removing the { width: auto; } from the #header img styles.
As you have defined the height (150px) of both images in the html, the {
height: 150px; } in the #header img styles can be omitted too without
giving problems. :-)

Greetings,
francky