* Eric A. Meyer wrote:
>    p {white-space: pre-wrap;}

>    As for browser support, here's a test page:
>
>    http://meyerweb.com/eric/css/tests/white-space.html
>
>The verdict: pretty much nobody supports it, so it's a great idea but
>is currently of no practical value.  So we're left with the
>suggestions that were seen earlier in the thread, most of which
>involve structural hacking of one type or another.

<http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/Mail/message.css> uses:

  pre {
    white-space: pre-wrap;      /* css-3 */
    white-space: -moz-pre-wrap; /* Mozilla, since 1999 */
    white-space: -pre-wrap;     /* Opera 4-6 */
    white-space: -o-pre-wrap;   /* Opera 7 */
    word-wrap: break-word;      /* Internet Explorer 5.5+; ... */
  }

This will, of course, make the style sheet invalid.
--
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de