On 10/17/06, Raymond Rodriguez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sorry guys but I think I got this one licked. I changed things like
>
> body#infoSidebar p {
> padding: 10px;
> }

> *#infoSidebar p {
> padding: 10px;
> }
>
> I'm very pleased that it works now but now I'm confused as to why it
> worked while the first instance didn't. Could anyone shed some light?

spaces have meaning in CSS.
unless you were trying to style <body id="infoSidebar">, your first
attempt woul not have selected anything:
foo#bar selects an element foo with an id of bar
foo #bar selects any element which is a descendent of foo with an id of bar
so if you have
your div infosidebar is a descendant of body (but not its direct child)
The * is unnecessary in your second example.

--
Richard Grevers, New Plymouth, New Zealand
Hat 1: Development Engineer, Webfarm Ltd.