>Is there a particular reason your looking to do it without tables?

I've had a couple people ask me this question in private (I got basically
the same type of question from a few people who feel that tables are
totally appropriate for a calendar).

My reason for wanting to do this in CSS instead of with a table is that I'm
thinking of a list of upcoming events as a dataset, and the traditional
month-calendar table as one possible method of presenting that data.  For
example, a community calendar could say:

Thursday, August 6: Newsletter published
Saturday, August 15: community yard sale
Saturday, August 22: community picnic
(and so on)

It's not inherently a table, but if you choose to display it in the typical
calendar format, it's displayed that way.  I was thinking of possible
implementing a style-switcher, allowing people to view either the
table-style calendar or a list of dates (especially since the
month-calendar will probably be sparsely populated, where as a five-line
list might give all of the information for two months, maybe making it
better for printing).

This is WELL beyond anything I've done with CSS in the past, and it may not
even be possible, but I thought I'd ask anyhow.  If it can't be done, I'll
just go ahead with the typical tabular calendar. Usually, when I come up
with a design for a web page, I end out with a big idea and then have to
scale it back due to CSS/HTML limitations, browser implementation issues,
or limitations in my skill level.  This will probably be no different. :-)

Erik Harris                                http://www.eHarrisHome.com
-        AIM: KngFuJoe - Yahoo IM: kungfujoe7 - ICQ: 2610172        -
Chinese-Indonesian Martial Arts Club      http://www.kungfu-silat.com