Is there any way, using css, to resize both the height and width of an HTML
element like an image to the same percentage based on the width of the
browser window?

Ideally, I'd like to give a minimum and maximum size (height and width),
too.

In other words, I want to make sure my image is displayed at a 50% width and
the height is adjusted proportionally so the image never looks stretched in
one way and not the other. But I would also like to make sure it never goes
smaller than 200 pixels wide and never exceeds 700 pixels wide, how can I do
this?

- Craig