Thanks James. That solved the doctype validation problem.

Do you (or anyone else) have any idea about why the entire page [1] does not
center horizontally?
And/or why the first couple of fieldsets are right aligned? Interestingly,
when I changed the fieldsets to divs [2] (via inline style applied to set
border and slightly reduced width), they seem to obey.

I applied the same margin-bottom (.5em) to my input, select, textarea
elements as I have on the labels, so they now seem to stay spaced properly
and I don't think I broke anything in Firefox.

[1] http://glennlanier.dynalias.com:8080/vsdonation/cssd/sample.html
[2] http://glennlanier.dynalias.com:8080/vsdonation/cssd/samplediv.html

As always, thanks for any help or direction.

--G