Christy Collins wrote:
> http://www.loudjoy.com/ChampSite/

> IE6 is making steps out of the navigation bar (which consists of the
> 2 large buttons and the search box).
>
> I've tried applying dimensions to each element in case it is a
> hasLayout issue with no luck.

It is correct that IE6' problem _can_ be fixed by adding a 'hasLayout'
trigger, but not to the link in your case since the link is floated.
Floats triggers 'hasLayout' by default, so extra triggers won't make a
difference.
Instead, let us simplify the arrangement a little.

You float the link, but not the list-items. You will have better luck in
IE6 and across browser-land if you turn it around...

Add...
#big_buttons{float: left;}
#big_buttons li{float: left;}

...and delete...
#big_buttons li a{float: left;}

Keep the rest as is - including at least the width of the link since it
now _does_ act as a 'hasLayout' trigger, and IE6 will behave itself and
line up the navigation bar correctly.

regards
        Georg
--