I don't know how else to describe it. Even my super simple testcase
features the awesome new issue I have discovered.

http://stalkinggear.com/ie7testcase/what.html

Nothing inside of .left shows up! I'm not entirely certain if it's
taking up space or not, but I can tell you that it's not missing, it's
more like, invisible. There's a text link in the left hand side, if
you mouse over it, you'll get the hand cursor, heck, you can even
click on it, and it will take you away!

For fun I tried playing with z-indexes. I tried floating everything
inside .left (blindly hoping maybe this had somethin to do with
hasLayout). Nothing changes.

CSS is embedded. HTML and CSS validate (exception of it's dislike of
my use of 'orange' but the problem was happening without that too, and
I *like* orange.)

Any thoughts, suggestions, musings, etc are greatly appreciated!

jen