At 11:02 AM 10/22/2006, you wrote:
>PBC Web Design wrote:
>
>background: url(images/letter-I.gif) no-repeat 35px 0px;
>
>...but since that piece of style worked just fine in IE and Firefox at
>my end for a copy of your page, it left me wondering what made it *not*
>work at your end.
>
>There must be a difference between my background-property version and
>yours. What's there now is what you started out with - not what you said
>you tried, so as part of a simple debugging-procedure I'd like to see
>*what* you tried.

Ok, thanks for explaining.  I have a sample page up.  The first url
is not for this as I have sent it off to the client for review and I
don't want to be playing w/it while she's looking at it.   So, here
is a new link:

http://www.cedarcreekimages.com/new/3col-layout.html

and here is the css for it:
http://www.cedarcreekimages.com/new/css/cci3columns2test.css

I copy/pasted your code in so I was sure I used what you sent and
commented out mine.  The letter "I" image is not showing up in my
Firefox, my IE6, Opera 9 or my NS7 (which is 7.02).

:: Deb | PBC Web Design
:: http://www.PBCWebDesign.com