In IE in Standards Mode, my Ajax-updated content is being pushed
behind the footer. As far as I can tell, this isn't a hasLayout
issue. Please Correct me if I'm wrong here, but as I understand it,
all the important elements here have layout, and should be behaving
properly.

To see the expected behavior visit http://yammr.com/quirks.html
To see the page misbehaving in Standards Mode see http://yammr.com/
strict.html

The only real differences between the two pages is the doctype at the
top of strict.html.

The end goal here is to have a center aligned header/body/absolute
footer layout that works properly in major browsers and allow for
dynamic resizing of inner elements. I hope this goal isn't too lofty.