I had a nice little layout thingy working in FF and - thanks to
csshover.htc - IE 6 (and 5 and 5.5). Then IE7 came along ...

What it should do (and does in FF and IE6) is change the z-index of a
layer in the page on hovering over the tabs and in this way display
different content per tab.

HTML expample (CSS included) can be found here:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~awiering/rest/hover/index.htm

It's not working in IE7.

According to the CSS 2.1 specifications that's perfectly OK: "CSS 2.1
doesn't define if the parent of an element that is ':active' or ':hover'
is also in that state." (section 5.11.3)

My tabs are h4 inside a div. So in IE7 these divs (the parents) do not get
into the :hover state when the (child) h4 is :hover. In FF and
IE6-with-csshover.htc the divs do get into the :hover state.

A solution to get this working in IE7 would be to change the HTML coding
(put a class around the content-minus-tab) but I'd prefer a CSS solution.
Anybody any ideas?

I do greatly appreciate any input on this.

Anneke Wiering