On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 17:01:08 -0400, Linda Quinn wrote:
> I am using pseudo-classes on my links. They all work as they should, in
> all browsers, on text links, but I am having trouble with image links.
>
> The site is: www.lifeonwheels.com/beta2/index5.hml
>
> Looking at the sponsor logos on the right side of the page, the images
> should not have a border in their normal state or if they have been
> visited. Hover should produce a blue border.
>
> At the moment, the CSS is:
>
> #rightcolumn #sponsorimages a {
> border-color:transparent;
> }

     (snipped rest of code)

> 1. In Safari/Mac nothing at all happens - no borders at all, even on
> Hover. 2. FF/Mac & Win  works. 3. Netscape/Win works.
> 4. IE6/Win the blue border appears in normal state and on Hover
> (therefore, no hover visual effect) AND visited links appear purple.

Hi Linda,

Not all browsers recognize a border-color of transparent. As you see, the
default link border is what you get in IE. Can't comment about Safari,
but it's likely a similar problem.

I'm getting a 404 not found on your link, so can't tell if a specific colored
border would be acceptable.

If you absolutely require a transparent border, I suggest simulating
it with padding. (Which would default to a transparent background.)
Eliminate the border altogether. Then just change the background-color
on hover to get the same effect (he said, hopefully).

Cordially,
David
--
www.hucklesby.com