On 11/8/06, francky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Aha!
> Indeed I tested in IE6 (don't have IE7)...
> But I think it cannot be something in the css > has to be something in
> the html or scripting, I suppose.
> Maybe one or more of these can help:
>
>     * The html-validator and html-Tidy are pointing to a missing </div>
>       in the not working page! Could make IE7 (and others) going upside
>       down. Still not working after repairing that?
>     * There is a difference in DOCtype; did you experiment with that
>       already (and with yes/no comment line before the start of the
>       DOCtype)?
>     * The html-validator is making remarks about a not-closed <head> or
>       something; maybe in the javascript there is some unescaped sign;
>       did you try to put the javascript in a separate file?
>     * Did you already comment out all other things on the page, and test
>       the isolated menu: still not working?
>
> Hope you'll find soon what is the culprit!
>
> Success and greetings,
> francky

francky et al. I tried every one of these things. Fixed the XHTML doctype
and made sure of validation, commented out every thing except for menu and
still no :hover effect. Like I said, this is working in Mozilla and IE6, so
I am stumped. Funny thing, as I said, is that the first item in menu
highlights, but below and pop-out links don't work. Anyone able to help I
would much appreciate. CSS in question:

#menuHead {
background-color: #a70119;
left: 0;
font:.8em Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
color: #fff;
width:170px;
border:solid 1px #000;
text-decoration:none;
padding:0;
margin:0;
display:block;
text-align:left;
height:1%;
}
#leftnav>#menuHead{
width: 167px;
}
#menuHead a{
margin:0;
padding:1px;
padding-left: 5px;
display:block;
height:1%;
}
#menuHead a:link {
color: #fff;
background-color: transparent;
}
#menuHead a:visited {
color: #fff;
background-color: transparent;
}
#menuHead a.menuLink:hover {
color: #903;
text-decoration:underline;
background-color:#fff;

Jonathan Berry, M.A.
IT Consultant
619.306.1712(m)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.mindarc.com

This E-mail is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18
U.S.C. ?? 2510-2521 and is legally privileged.
This information is confidential information and is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
prohibited.