Hi, I'm running IE 6 and it seems to be showing up, however your
rollovers aren't working properly. IE only recently started supporting
:hover on elements other than hyperlinks, and I don't think a majority
of users are up to IE 7 yet (though I could be wrong). A possible
solution to this problem would be JavaScript:

Option 1 - The not-so-desirable implementation:
<ul>
  <li onMouseOver="someFunctionToChangeBGColor()"
onMouseOut="someFunctionToRevertColor()">Ach mein Leibe</li>
...et al
</ul>

This one is not so desirable since it mixes Javascript in to your HTML
and also makes for bulky <li> tags.

Option 2
This one requires a little more work and I won't go in to detail
unless you want to know more about it, but in a nutshell:
 - create function that loads after the body has loaded - function should:
   - find your <ul> based on a given id: <ul id='myList'>
   - traverse list for items present
   - set handlers for each <li> in the list that correspond to
mouseover and mouseout:
     item.onmouseover = function(){ this.style.background='#222222';}
        ## I'm not positive that is the correct JS for changing the BG
off the top of my head, just using it as an example.
 - Next, this function should be called in the <body> tag:

This approach minimizes the mixing of JS with HTML while also being a
more dynamic approach - if done right, your list can constantly change
while your JS remains the same. Let me know and I'll throw together a
sample page.

-Zak