Storm, Dan wrote:

> I have drop caps at this site where I use a JS CSS swapper:
>
> http://sorenkierkegaard.org/comment.htm
>
> In the default version (the white background version) the drop cap
> would work in Firefox 1.5.8 only on the first page, but after you
> navigate out, the letter would display without the drop cap
> (sometimes duplicated). Then if you would redraw the page, the
> affected paragraph would be duplicated. Very weird. (IE 6 is fine).

> Could this be related to the style swapper JS? Has anyone seen this
> before?

David at <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I visited your page in FF 1.5.0.8 on Linux with JS turned off (the way I
always browse the web). I didn't experience any problems with the drop
caps displaying, or with duplicate paragraphs. My guess is something
wrong in your JS or what it's trying to do.

----
Thanks, David. Let me be clearer. I already had a solution by virtue of this:
p.first {position: relative;}

My question is really whether anyone has seen Firefox choke on a dropcap and
reduplicate the entire paragrph on refresh. To reiterate, before I applied the
relative positioing to the .first class the problem happened only with the
former of the two following declarations (found in 2 different CSS files):

p.first:first-letter {float: left; margin-right: 6px; padding: 8px; font:
italic 2.5em "Times New Roman", Times, serif; color: #FFF; background-color:
#555; border: 1px solid #F00;}

p.first:first-letter {float: left; margin-right: 6px; padding: 5px; font:
italic 4em "Times New Roman", Times, serif; color: #008080;}

I'm simply wonedering if this is a Mozilla bug that is worth reporting. But
like you I suspect the problem is in the styleswitch er JS file.

dan storm ~ web developer ~ amazon.com ~ w: 206.266.0292 ~ c: 425.503.958