I'm fairly new to CSS and I'm having a hard time understanding how to set
the height of nested divs.

I'm using three divs to create decoration. The inner div should set the
height of the group. This works fine in IE6 and that's all the customer
required at first, but I also want it to work in Firefox. I've seen that IE7
works here the same as Firefox, so I should definitely fix this issue before
launching the real site.

Please check the testing versions here:

http://www.vieira.es/test/index.html
http://www.vieira.es/test/maquinaria.html

I'm googling around, but I can't find a solution, probably because I can't
find the right search string, so I would appreciate both direct help and
suggestions of places to look for solutions.

Thanks for any help.

sicofante