>>dimpie wrote:
>>
>>>I have a problem in Internet Explorer 6.
>>>The hover over a thumbnail inside a link is not working
>>>[...]
>>>You can find the webpage here.
>>>http://www.glassbox.nl/deksels/deksels/deksels_verhuur.php
>>>
>>27 validation errors in HTML:
>>http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.glassbox.nl%2Fdeksels%2Fdeksels%2Fdeksels_verhuur.php
>>
> Hi Dimpie,
> Got it!
> It's not the html-errors, nor the javascript (errors).
> I didn't realize first, but I made an IE proof working example some time
> ago.
> The solution is simple [1] : add
>
>   .thumb a:hover {
>    background-position: 0 0; /* correction for IE */
>    }
>
> Implemented in your testpage: full speed hover craft!
>
>    * fresh testpage :-)
>
> <http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/css-discuss/test-deksels.htm>
>
> Success & greetings,
> francky
>
> PS:
> I notice it is a fixed font page, which is giving an extra scrollbar box
> if a visitor is using a not-IE browser, and if he/she has enlarged (client
> side) the font size.
> In IE it's impossible to upscale the font size in the normal way (View >
> Font size > larger) > means: bad for accessibility!
> - In my testpage I took some measures to prepare for an em-based font-size
> (compare upscaling in FF for orgininal and fresh page).
>
> [1}
> Ingo Chao is explaining the buggy IE, see:
> http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/pseudocss.html#hover

Hello Francky,

Great got that working also.
Thank you for the time and effort you've put into this problem, to solve it.
 I've read Ingo Chao's explanation, but it's rather difficult to understand
it completely.

I think most of the validation errors are due to the fact that I did not yet
replace certain characters with their character entity equivalents.
You're quite right about he fact that my site is not so user-friendly in IE.
In the future I will start working with em's.

Francky wrote:
> I notice it is a fixed font page, which is giving an extra scrollbar box
> if a visitor is using a not-IE browser, and if he/she has enlarged (client
> side) the font size.

If I used em instead of pixels would the second scrollbar not appear then?
I thought tthat the second scrollbar appeared because the menu on the right
side is larger than the viewport.

Thanks a lot and Greetings,
Dimpie