Diona Kidd wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed an issue today with IE6. I have an example created at
> http://www.studio12a.com/test.html.
>
> The situation is as follows. I have a wrapper div around all content
> with position: relative. Inside of this, exists a form wrapped in a
> table. The form contains a text area with a div wrapped around the
> textarea. This div has position: relative associated with it. In this
> current setup, the textarea flows out of the expected position in IE6
> only. However, if I add position: relative to the table, everything
> is as expected.
>
> I'd like to understand why this is occurring. Is a different DOM
> implementation or table spec implemented in IE6 that was corrected in
> IE7 (and doesn't exist in other browsers)? It's as if IE6 ignores the
> table as a container element.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Diona
> ---
> www.studio12a.com

I have recently been working on similar problems.
Seems that it has to do with elements "having layout"

Google hasLayout and you will find some good information about it.
This is also known as the "Holly Hack"

To solve this problem directly, you need to give layout to an ancestor of
the item that you are having trouble with.

A simple way to give an element layout is to give it some height.
I usually set the height property to 1% or 1px. The element will expand to
hold its contents in ie6.

You will probably need to hide this from other browsers, so I usually do
something like * html .class {height:1%}

So if you add this rule

        * html #wrapper{
          height:1%;
        }

After the #wrapper rule, all should be fine

-sorry if this double posts