From: Pete Lasko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>If you view http://www.yammr.com/padding.html in IE, you will see
>that the image has no padding. Is there a workaround for this?
>Unfortunately due to some DOM bugs I can't get figured out I can't
>use a strict doctype for IE. I can easily put a div around the image,
>but wondered if anyone had the skinny on this. Here is a strict
>version: http://www.yammr.com/padding-strict.html

Are you saying you can't use a /complete/ doctype, or are you saying you can't
use an XHTML doctype? Because the "strict" one you've shown is actually a
transitional doctype for XHTML.

If you mean that you cannot use XHTML, then why not use a complete HTML doctype
instead. Is it the "system identifier" (the "address" part) that is causing the
problem? If so, then your best bet is to go with David's suggestion.

If it's a difference between being able to use XHTML versus good old HTML, then
if you're able to use a complete HTML doctype, IE6 will fall in line with the
padding.

http://www.communitymx.com/content/article.cfm?cid=E2F258C46D285FEE

~holly