On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 12:08:25 -0700, Michael Stevens wrote:
> www.bctarizona.com/test/index_new2.php
> www.bctarizona.com/test/bct.css
>
> I've inherited this website and it is an incredible mess. [...]
On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:41:50 +1100, Sasha Gerrand responded:

> Considering that the W3 HTML 4 spec was a recommendation back in 1999, I
> suggest that this semantic argument regarding bad old days be dropped.
> (XHTML for life!) In other words, close your tags. :)

A tool to help you with messes and closed tags is Tidy. There's an online
version here:

 <http://infohound.net/tidy/>

To bring this back to CSS, you may find a situation where putting the
"display: block;" declaration on an image messes up your layout. If this
happens, the alternative solution is to use "vertical-align: bottom;".

Also be aware that, even at factory settings, there are PC + browser
combinations that give "normal" text a size other than the "normal" 16
pixels. No "screwing" with anything needed.

Cordially,
David