On Dec 20, 2006, at 2:52 PM, Gunlaug Sørtun wrote:

> Chris Pallé wrote:
>
>> http://www.shuttersbeachstyle.weblobby.com/beach.asp
>
> I think you're attacking the problem backwards. It is more reliable to
> absolute-position the image, and let the rest stay in the natural
> flow.
> That way it'll self-adjust and take font-resizing quite well.
>
> There's generally too much absolute positioning of elements in that
> page
> - which means *trouble* with text and resizing, but I have focused on
> the part you've requested help with.

Hi Gunlaug,
THanks for the tips. It took my brain a few runs at it to comprehend
what you'd done, but I think I understand now. It makes sense too.
I'll try to limit my abs. positioning in the future.

> Note that IE/win isn't allowed to resize text naturally when given
> those
> 'points', and the result of IE's 'ignore font sizes' isn't all that
> pleasing.

What I'm not understanding is why IE 6 doesn't scale the text. I
don't see any pt size declarations. I'd thought em would allow scaling.

> regards
>       Georg
> --
> http://www.gunlaug.no