~davidLaakso wrote:

>Martin Krumme wrote:
>

>>[...]
>>If you scroll down and refresh the page, you will see that the content
>>of the sidebar is displayed for a second or so. How could I prevent that?
>>
>>The url is http://www.nees.uni-bonn.de/2007/test.html
>>

>[...]
>When scrolling down, and then re-loading, the page jumps to the top and
>simultaneously flashes the *styled* content. AFAIK, this is correct
>behavior.
>FOUC is usually associated with the CSS @import rule, which you do not
>seem to be using.
>But, I could be wrong-- maybe someone else can see unstyled content on
>reload?
>Best,
>~dL

Hi Martin, hi ~dL and hello world,
Me too: I see the page jumping up & down in IE(6), styled with images
and background colors. I guess it is the IE rendering method. [1]
Sometimes an IE-only meta command to delay the show is helping (to get
the images out of the cache, but if IE is clientside cache disabled this
doesn't help).

To diminish the effect, you can place the logo and the other sidebar
images in the background: then they don't show in the flash up&down. :-)
I tested this with the logo (right side images not yet done).

    * Testpage
      <http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/css-discuss/test-nees.html>

Then I noticed that in IE the first arrow in the list after the list
heading doesn't show. That can be repaired by adding {position:
relative} to the dl (another ~dl). ;-)

Hope this helps,
Succes and greetings,

francky

[1]
Or maybe it is a manifestation of what I've called the "IE long page
bug"
<http://home.tiscali.nl/developerscorner/css-discuss/test-keynote2004-combipage.html>