Ian Piper wrote:
> http://www.tellura.co.uk/fenditching/
>
> [...] I really want the bullets to be aligned left with the rest of
> the body text and I'd like a bigger gap between the bullet and the
> list item text.

Take this basic list-styling...

#content ul {padding-left: 12px; margin-left: .3em;}
#content ul li {padding-left: 20px /* bullet-gap */; margin-left: 0; }

...and adjust values to taste.
Paddings and margins on ul take care of where the entire list lines up,
and I've added some corrections for font-resizing.
Padding-left on li controls the gap, and margin-left on li gives added
control of where the bullets line up.

Note: both paddings and margins must be declared to override
list-defaults across browser-land, since there are no agreements or
standards for those defaults.

regards
        Georg
--