I have a fairly simple page structurally where, at the top, I use a simple
horizontally repeating image to create a colored bar. The problem comes in
IE6 when the page is viewed and then reloaded, or when you app switch back
and forth, the very same background appears lower in the page, behind some
boxes - but it isn't actually there or being applied. It does not seem to
happen in FireFox or IE7. It seems the background repeats for some reason.

Below the boxes in the middle is a header, an UL and a P. If I remove these
elements, the issue seems to go away. I've tried various clearing methods
and hacks to no effect. I've removed all the structure on the page except
what seems pertinent. There are two styles sheets. The sheet "styles.css" is
the base one which we inherited from a agency. It is quite frankly horribly
done. The second one "prepay.css" is the one where the styles that are used
on this page appear. I don't think anything in styles.css is the problem,
but I included it for completeness sake.

You can see the page at:

http://www.pixelmech.com/rev/kill/test.html

CSS:
http://www.pixelmech.com/rev/kill/styles.css
http://www.pixelmech.com/rev/kill/prepay.css

A screen shot of the bad behavior:

http://www.pixelmech.com/rev/kill/bad.jpg (note the second yellow horizontal
bar in the middle of the page).

Any help is greatly appreciated, I am totally stumped. (Please CC me on any
replies, thanks)

Thanks

Tom