Christian Kavanagh wrote:
> http://www.polarissc.com/csstest/dummy.html

> ...I'd really like to position the DIV called "menu" so it were: (a)
> 6px right of the left edge of the DIV called "content", and (b) 75px
> below the top edge of the viewport.

> [...]

> This CSS stuff is hard.  I spent hours yesterday just centering the
> page!

Don't worry ... it'll get easier :-)

Now, I've restyled your page into a more complete example here...

<file://localhost/C:/apache/Apache/htdocs/tos/alien/test_07_1040.html>

...and the menu div is floated left and positioned with margins. That
way it'll always create its own space.

You may have to declare a specific width on that menu div, as it is just
shrinking to the width of the image at the moment and will grow in width
with whatever you put in there.

regards
        Georg
--