Hello list,

some dear member of this list mailed me, helped me. The problem for
Safari was a doctype one! (I needed to apply a strict doctype to my
pages)

nevertheless some other offset appeared at other positions in my ul
li navigation. I solved this by setting some assumed px fontsize and
lineheight for my non-displaying text ... (same fontsize as the bg
height of my images shown for my li ids are.)

IE 7 Problem still there:
the bottom border (2px dotted) at hovering does not appear at the
thumbnails (bottom of the page)

Same sample page for my problem is below:
(the mailserver somehow breaks the URL in two lines though I put it
into tags.... which results
in an 'object not found', in case it happens again, please delete the
%20 within the URL)

<http://www.fabian-helmich.de/seiten/portrait_1/
p1_1_sun_angelika_1.html>

stylesheets: