Ruairi Doyle wrote:
> Hello list.
>
> This is my first post, but I have been subscribed and enjoying this list for
> quite sometime.

Welcome Ruairi!

> I work in online newspaper publishing.  I'd like to gage some wise opinion
> from anyone who's interested
> on tabbed horizontal navigation systems for large publishing sites?
>
> Reasons I ask is we're trying to improve our own going forward, to be
> accessible, usable, intuitive and
> of course pretty.
>
> To cut to the chase what are peoples opinion of the following navigation
> systems:
>
> NYTIMES http://www.nytimes.com/pages/world/index.html
> Here there is two steps to get to a section under US news.
>
> INDY UK http://news.independent.co.uk
> Here it is full of javascript but it takes 1 step to get to a section under
> Sport for example.
>
> Open questions, open opinions very welcome.

Unfortunately, only open questions and open opinions on CSS are welcome
on this list. Everyone is free to comment on the merits and
disadvantages of various CSS methods for creating horizontal lists in
this thread, but it's not ok to talk about accessibility, usability, or
aesthetics here (at least not in and of themselves). If you want to make
a comment along those lines, please do so to Ruairi off-list.

Ruairi, you'll probably have better luck finding the opinions and
information you seek from a more broad list like webdesign-l or thelist.
See our wiki page for more options:
http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=OffTopic

Thanks,
Zoe